Targeted Case Management
Targeted Case Management (TCM) reimburses school districts for case management activities provided to students with IEPs. Participants must be licensed or credentialed staff such as a school nurse or special education teacher.
Districts Are Reimbursed Any Time These Staff Members Provide Case Management Services Related to:
- Physical and mental health
- Social and emotional needs
- Housing support
- Family and social support
- Socialization or recreational needs
- Training for community/independent living
- Education and vocational needs
What can you expect in reimbursements?
If five practitioners provide:
Two hours of TCM per week = $11,354 per year
Four hours of TCM per week = $22,707 per year
Ten hours of TCM per week = $56,578 per year
MBT is much more than just the California Medi-Cal Billing Expert.
We are a partner dedicated to the success of our community and our children.
Which Practitioners are qualified?
- Registered Credentialed School Nurses
- Licensed RNs/LVNs
- Certified Public Health Nurses
- Certified nurse practitioners
- Licensed clinical social workers
- Credentialed school social workers
- Licensed psychologists
- Licensed educational psychologists
- Credentialed school psychologists
- Licensed marriage and family therapists
- Credentialed school counselors
- Program Specialists (See Below)
Program specialists can be practitioners who have the following valid qualifications:
- Special Education credential
- Clinical or rehabilitative services credential
- Health services credential
- School psychologist authorization